Living, Faith, Hope and Action.
Having “faith” (a firm belief in something that has no proof) can be scary, especially in times of change. Over the past months many people are experiencing shifts in their personal lives and the landscape of their future. Faith can break our fear and propel us forward to KNOW that the outcome will be positive and for the greatest good.
Have we lost hope in the country and each other over the past year of political upheaval? We need to remember we are still spiritual beings full of compassion, curiosity and joy. We have the ability to solve problems and open hearts by letting go of our egos and choosing Love. Action is needed more now than ever to help heal and create a peaceful world. Action creates change and every small action can create a big change. Challenging times can be our greatest teacher. As the compassionate leader The Dalai Lama said: “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience.”
Here are a few ways to take action to help create a world of hope, faith and love.
2. Pay for someones coffee or tea
3. Buy or make cut-out hearts and randomly hand them to strangers
4. Show people love is possible and all around us
5. Volunteer for a cause you believe in
6. Reach out to someone in need
7. Let go of fighting words – hold onto peaceful progress
8. Assert your beliefs in humanity
9. Write letter of encouragement and challenge politicians and world leaders to adopt kindness and compassion
10. Lead by example
11. Be a carrier of joy