Spring reminds us to take time for rebirth. In order to plant something new we must prepare the ground, cultivate the soil, pull out the weeds and make space. Then we water and wait for the emergence of a bud to flower in all its splendor and simplicity. This is happening both in nature and within our hearts.
Less is more at this time. Go slow with yourself and honor your energy. What aspect of your life would you like to rebirth or reset? Whatever your focus you only need to use five simple steps.
1. Let Go Let go of expectations about what rebirth looks like or feels like. Clearing out the old is essential. Release clutter in your mind, your heart, your physical body or surroundings.
2. Be Willing to Change Intentionally prepare for change. Remember change is not easy, simply be willing to be willing
3. Have a Support System We do not grow alone, the flower needs the sun and rain to sprout. Ask for help from a friend, a mentor, a spirit guide or your higher power to have the strength to remove or rebirth an aspect of your life.
4. Kindness to yourself and others Send love to all you meet, look people in the eye and send them a smile. As your feet step on the earth imagine your heart is kissing the earth and each step is a vibration of soft compassion for all who step in the same space.
5. Patience and Grace This takes time and true growth is a process. In his book “No Mud, No Lotus: The Art of Transforming Suffering,” Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us without suffering, there is no happiness. So we shouldn’t discriminate against the mud. We have to learn how to embrace and cradle our own suffering and the suffering of the world, with a lot of tenderness.
No health claims are made or inferred. The results you achieve are determined solely by you. For mental and physical health issues seek professional help from a licensed doctor, counselor or medical personnel. Seek the advice of a licensed professional, as appropriate for your individual situation.