Last updated: February 15, 2018
The Purpose of the Policy
We take your privacy seriously. We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat the information that you provide us as you use the Service (“Collected Information”). Please direct any questions about this Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy applies only to information collected via the Service. It may not apply to information that we may collect by other means (for example, via phone or email). We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any material changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, which we may do by means including but not limited to issuing an email to the email address listed by registered users and/or posting the revised Policy on this page. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and consent to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in these ways:
● User-Provided Information. We ask users to manually provide us with personal information (which may include name, birth date, email address and other information) when they create an account, make purchases through the Services or submit a request to contact us through our “Contact” page.
● Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically collect or generate information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer; web pages that you access within the Service; geographic information; a unique user ID; the type of browser, device or operating system you use; referring services or websites; search information; and usage and browsing information.
We refer to all of the information described in this section as “Collected Information.”
How We Use Collected Information
We use Collected Information to deliver services to you and for communicating with you about the Service or about other services, events and products that we may provide. We will never use your Collected Information for our own purposes, except as we describe in this Policy or in our Terms & Conditions. If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose Collected Information to Others
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose Collected Information to anyone, except:
(1) where necessary for us to work with third-party companies that we use to provide the Service (“Third-Party Services,” detailed below);
(2) in response to a court order or where required by law;
(3) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct, or suspected violations of our Terms & Conditions; or
(4) to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include Stripe, Mailchimp, WordPress.com, Evensi and Eventbrite. By using our Service, you consent to our providing Collected Information with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
The security of your Collected Information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that your Collected Information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you (a) consent to our using your Collected Information as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of Confidential Information by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of Confidential Information.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
Your Rights with Respect to Collected Information
To update, edit or delete the Collected Information that we keep, please simply email email@example.com and we will be happy to make the change.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of Collected Information except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.