It’s been quite a roller coaster of a ride these past 8 months! The truth is that we grow and shift more in the storms than in the sunshine and it is helpful to practice gratitude. Gratitude is a form of hope, faith and peace. In what ways have you evolved this year? Have you adapted to a new routine? Have you developed compassion for yourself and others?
Some of the significant gifts of gratitude have been:
- Pet Adoptions are up. More pets have been adopted than any other time.
- Music being played from windows in NYC and other cities to send light to hospitals
- Children inspiring communities by doing can drives, making desks, making masks, talking about being kind.
- Drive-by birthday celebrations with signs and bubbles to cheer on families.
Growing gratitude is like watering a flower, at first we have to plant the seed then allow time to help with transformation. Being patient and having faith grow with practice.
What ways can you grow your gratitude? I suggest these 3 actions. Being of service helps us be more grateful.
- Lean into the sky. When you are outdoors know that the sky supports you, air is all around you, just lean in and breathe in the fresh air and thank the air and the sky for being.
- Write to or call an old friend, leave a plant or flowers on the doorstep of a neighbor, donate to a soup kitchen, give to a charity.
- Ground down into the earth with this simple 5 minute meditation. https://insighttimer.com/growyourknowing/guided-meditations/root-chakra-plus-earth-star-chakra-immersion-meditation
When we get stuck in fear we miss miracles all around us. I hope the fear can wash over you and offer some helpful lessons. We learn about our trust in a higher power and the unlimited possibilities we all have. If fear arises, look at it as a wise teacher.
Take a moment to appreciate your essence and your light that radiates into the earth. As always, give from your abundance and not from your reserve. My heart is grateful for your heart.
In divine truth,